Australian Bay Scallops & Parsnip Puree
For the love of shellfish! They’re a bit of a treat but utterly worth indulging in! Here is our Australian Bay scallops and parsnip puree recipe as an elegant starter for your Christmas in July celebrations.
By Head Chef – Oswin Ribeiro
- 12 x Australian Bay scallops
- 100g plain flour
- 100g butter – for the scallops
- 1 x lemon
- 6 x parsnips
- 4 garlic cloves
- 200ml double cream
- 300ml milk
- 30g Unsalted butter – for the parsnip puree
- 3g Lemon Myrtle
Method – Parsnip Puree
- Melt unsalted butter in pot, over medium heat, add the lemon myrtle and parsnips (peeled and dices into 1cm ).
- Add the cream and milk, reduce heat, cover with a greaseproof paper and allow to slowly simmer.
- Once liquid has reduced by half (approx. 15-20 minutes of cooking), remove from heat and blend the mixture.
- Season and keep aside to use with the scallops.
Method – Australian Bay scallops
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Once the butter froths, dust the scallops in flour and add to the skillet.
- Cook for 40 seconds on each side making sure both sides are caramelised.
- Zest half a lemon and squeeze the lemon juice over the scallops.
- Remove scallops from the skillet and serve.
- Place three cleaned scallop shells on a plate.
- Spoon warm puree on each shell.
- Place each scallop on the puree
- Spoon a little bit of the pan juices over the scallops.
- Garnish with fine chiffonade of peppers, green’s or micro herbs.
- Finish the plate with grated lemon zest or Parmesan crisps.